Welcome to GH Book Club — your destination for ☀️one feel-good book☀️ every month!
The past couple of years have not been easy — and for most, they meant far more time spent at home without many of the people and pastimes that comfort us (spending time with family and friends, traveling and even physically participating in the communities we love). The pandemic has also more pressure than ever on our favorite hobbies to "perform" (read: bring us joy) — and truthfully, crafting the ultimate sourdough starter can only do so much for your mind, body and soul.
So if you're on the hunt for a new way to spend your time that doesn't involve doomscrolling, we're here to suggest reigniting your passion for reading by joining the GH Book Club. The twist? We'll be focusing solely on reads that will make you feel great, delivering a dose of positivity each month with an uplifting page-turner that will engage your mind and make you smile. At the end of the year, our hope is that your bookshelf will be filled to the brim with thought-provoking, inspiring fiction and non-fiction picks from both well-known and emerging authors — and that you discover a rekindled (or newfound) reading habit that will help you cultivate a sunnier outlook on life, and may even improve your memory and longevity.
How to join: Sign up for Good Housekeeping's newsletter to get a monthly reminder when a new book has been chosen. Then, buy the book. Finally, share this page with your friends so you can enjoy the book together. Don't forget to check back here the first week of every month to learn about our favorite new read and share what you loved about this month's book in the comments!
With every book hand-picked by Good Housekeeping editors, we want these reads to improve your life and enrich your day-to-day routine, whether through uplifting stories and inspiring character journeys, peeks into lived experiences or ideas that challenge the status quo and offer new perspectives.
PICK OF THE MONTH (October 2022):
BUY THE BOOK:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Celeste Ng is the number one New York Times bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You and Little Fires Everywhere. Ng is the recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Guggenheim Foundation, and her work has been published in over thirty languages.
EARLIER BOOK CLUB PICKS:
• January 2021: The Book of Moods: How I Turned My Worst Emotions Into My Best Life by Lauren Martin BUY NOW
• February 2021: This Close to Okay by Leesa Cross-Smith BUY NOW
• March 2021: The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan BUY NOW
• April 2021: The Little French Bridal Shop by Jennifer Dupee BUY NOW
• May 2021: The Music of Bees by Eileen Garvin BUY NOW
• June 2021: Where the Grass Is Green and the Girls Are Pretty by Lauren Weisberger
• July 2021: What a Happy Family by Saumya Dave BUY NOW
• August 2021: The View Was Exhausting by Mikaella Clements and Onjuli Datta BUY NOW
• September 2021: Seeing Ghosts by Kat Chow BUY NOW
• October 2021: Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead BUY NOW
• November 2021: Miss Eliza's English Kitchen by Annabel Abbs BUY NOW
• December 2021: These Precious Days by Ann Patchett BUY NOW
• January 2022: Wahala by Nikki May BUY NOW
• February 2022: Foreverland by Heather Havrilesky BUY NOW
• March 2022: Chorus by Rebecca Kauffman BUY NOW
• April 2022: Unlikely Animals by Annie Hartnett BUY NOW
• May 2022: I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston BUY NOW
• June 2022: You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi BUY NOW
• July 2022: Fire Season by Leyna Krow BUY NOW
• August 2022: All This Could Be Different by Sarah Thankam Mathews BUY NOW
• September 2022: On the Rooftop by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton BUY NOW