When it comes to celebrating Dad on Father's Day, there's nothing he'll appreciate more than a sweet message from the heart. After a day full of the best Father's Day activities — like brunching, camping and of course giving him the best Father's Day gift ever — close out his special day by giving him a shout-out on social media, complete with a sweet photo and the best Father's Day Instagram caption ever. After all, the whole world deserves to know that you have the best dad in the world.
Stumped on what to write? Don't worry: We've rounded up the best Father's Day Instagram captions that will express just how much you love Dad, from sentimental messages to funny Dad jokes that will let him know you've learned from the best. And for even more inspiration, we've also got the best Father's Day quotes and captions inspired by songs. By the way, these captions also make the perfect messages to write in your Father's Day card — so you can let him know how much you truly appreciate him at every chance possible.
Sweet Father's Day Captions
- A daughter may outgrow your lap, but will never outgrow your heart.
- Behind every great man/woman is an even better father.
- If anything goes wrong I know Dad will fix it.
- I know I don't say it enough, so I'll say it extra today: Thank you for everything, Dad.
- A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
- A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.
- Dads and daughters don't always see eye to eye, but always heart to heart.
- Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
- A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again.
- In the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am, and I straighten my crown.
- Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they haven’t met my dad.
- Fathers hold their kids' hands for a while, and their hearts for a lifetime.
- Life doesn't come with a manual — it comes with a father.
- My dad will always have a special place in my heart.
- My dad gives Superman a run for his money.
Funny Father's Day Captions
- Worst jokes. Best dad.
- You're so hip, you had a dad bod *before* it was cool.
- Dad, you're the cool parent. But I'll deny it if you tell Mom.
- Forever grateful you still love me after I broke curfew every night in high school.
- I love this guy more than he loves his grill. (And that's a lot!)
- Thanks for your genes! I turned out perfect!
- I hope this Father’s Day is as fun as your life was before kids.
- World’s greatest farter … I mean father.
- A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be.
- Happy Father's Day, Dad. Today, as a gift to you, I'll laugh at all of your jokes.
- Thanks for being the cool parent. Don’t tell Mom.
- You'll always be dad to the bone.
- On Father’s Day, let's review the most important lesson learned from my dad: coffee.
- Dad, I can never repay you. Literally.
- Thanks for killing all those spiders.
- We all know I'm your favorite. Mom doesn't have to know.
- Dad, thanks for saying "yes" whenever Mom said "no."
Father's Day Captions Inspired by Songs
- "I learned from you that I do not crumble. I learned that strength is something you choose. All of the reasons to keep on believing, there's no question that's a lesson that I learned from you." – Miley Cyrus ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
- "And when I'm down you're there pushing me to the top. You're always there givin' me all you've got." — Christina Aguilera
- "No one loves me just like you do. No one knows me just like you do. No one can compare to the way my eyes fit in yours. You'll always be my father, and I'll always be your joy." — Chrisette Michele
- He's in my eyes, my heart, my soul, my hands, my pride and when I feel alone." – Keith Urban
- "My dear hard workin' daddy works his life away for us that's the way that daddy shows to us his love." — Dolly Parton
- “Came into this world, Daddy’s little girl. Daddy made a soldier out of me.” —Beyoncé
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters … You are the god and the weight of her world.” —John Mayer
- “Take my hand and walk with me, show me what to be." —Justin Bieber
- "Bit by bit, I've realized that he was here with me, I looked into my father's eyes." —Eric Clapton
- “Just the two of us, we can make it if we try.” —Will Smith
- “My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me … And I knew for sure I was loved.” —Luther Vandross
- “Years ago, we used to play, we used to laugh when I ran away. But when I fell and hurt my knee, he would run to comfort me and the pain would go away.” —The Monkees
- "There were times I thought he was being just a little bit hard on me, but now I understand he was making me become the man he knew that I could be." —Keith Urban
- "For you, he's the best he can be. Oh child, don't you know your daddy love come with a lifetime guarantee?" —Sade
- "Daddy wasn't no scholar. No, he didn't have PhD. But in my eyes and down in my heart, my daddy means the world to me." —Gladys Knight and the Pips
- "There is no one else like my daddy. And I thank you for lovin' me." —Beyoncé
Father's Day Captions Inspired by Quotes
- "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.” — Dave Attell
- "I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king." —Unknown
- "The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." —Tim Russert
- "A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way." – Unknown
- "The best fathers have the softest, sweetest hearts. In other words, great dads are real marshmallows." — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” —Jim Valvano
- “When my father didn't have my hand, he had my back.” —Linda Poindexter
- "I've said it before, but it's absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future." —Liza Minnelli
- "Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad." —Anne Geddes
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her … was the love of her father.” —Harper Lee
- “Dads are most ordinary men who are turned by love into the biggest hero, adventurers, storyteller and singer of songs.” —Pam Brown
- "My father didn't tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it." —Clarence Budington Kelland
- “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” —Susan Gale
- “I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father's life.” —Sidney Poitier
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” —Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- "I know that I will never find my father in any other man who comes into my life because it is a void in my life that can only be filled by him." –Halle Berry
Selena is the associate entertainment and news editor for Good Housekeeping, where she covers the latest on TV, movies and celebrities. In addition to writing and editing entertainment news, she also spotlights the Hispanic and Latinx community through her work. She is a graduate of CUNY Hunter College with a B.A. in journalism and creative writing.
Hannah (she/her) is an editorial assistant for Good Housekeeping, where she writes health content and assists with social media strategy across platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter. Previously GH's editorial fellow, she earned her bachelor's degree in writing seminars and psychology from Johns Hopkins University. When she isn’t endlessly scrolling through social media, you can often find her clicking away behind a camera, fangirling over Taylor Swift or trying out new food spots in New York City.