You don't even have to cook the grated zucchini in this recipe — just toss it with hot pasta and it'll warm through while staying nicely crisp.
large zucchini (8 oz. each), coarsely grated
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
red chile, thinly sliced
grated lemon zest plus ¼ cup lemon juice (from about 2 lemons), plus more zest for serving
grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Place clean dishtowel in colander or in strainer set over bowl. Add zucchini and let sit until ready to use.
- Cook pasta per package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
- In large skillet, heat oil, garlic, and chile on medium-low, stirring often, until garlic begins to turn light golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, 1/4 cup reserved pasta water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pasta, return to medium-high, and cook, tossing until sauce coats noodles, adding additional reserved pasta water as necessary.
- Toss with grated zucchini. Divide among bowls and serve topped with microgreens, Parmesan, and additional lemon zest if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): 490 calories, 18 g fat (3.5 g saturated), 15 g protein, 435 mg sodium, 70 g carb, 5 g fiber
Did you make this recipe? Comment below!